It's said that our dogs are our best friends, and we love to pamper our pals now and then with special treats. There are many different types of pet accessory on the market, covering a range of different needs. With this in mind, let us take a look at what we could be buying for our pampered pooches in 2015.
1. Doggy Brain Training ToysIt has been widely acknowledged that our animals need mental stimulation as well as exercise. With these toys, your dog has to use his intelligence to find treats hidden inside or under removable parts of the toy. These should only be used under your supervision, of course.
Larger ones are good for senior dogs that need a little warmth for their creaky joints. During hot weather, your pet can cool down on a cooling mat. Some contain PCM (phase change material) which liquefies as it absorbs heat from the animal’s body.
3. Flashing dog collar and matching leash
Squeakerdogs.com feature the PoochlightTM LED lit collar which comes in different colours and can be seen up to ½ a mile away; essential for those night time walks. Or, if you fancy a bit of bling, a Swarovski encrusted collar and leash can be yours for around 1600AUD.
4. Trixie Biker SetIf you enjoy walking your dog while you cycle this product, available online, consists of a specially made brace which fits over the back wheel of the bike to enable your dog to walk with you without getting too close to the wheel. A leash attaches to the brace so you can keep your hands free to steer the bike.
5. The ShedmonsterNot a new super villain but the latest dog shedding brush. It claims to reduce shedding by 90% while keeping Fido looking sleek. For around 25AUD it is said by reviewers to be the best on the market.
6. Adaptil CollarPart of a range of pheromone-infused products designed to soothe, calm and reassure dogs, and cats, both young and old. You’ll find these in most pet stores and some veterinary surgeries. If you’re looking to splash out some serious money on your dog, here’s a look at what you can get.
7. Dog Agility equipment
If you have a back garden big enough you could set up this complete agility course, available from online stores. Play Tunnel great for practicing for competition or just for keeping a high energy pooch fit and entertained.